Blue Elan Records presents: Take Note!
Blue Elan Records presents: Take Note! A free 6 week webinar series to give you the tools you will need to succeed in the music industry.
Blue Élan Records is committed to making change. To present opportunities for aspiring artists and professionals with limited access, Blue Élan Records is launching Take Note!, a free music industry course for high school and college-aged students through education. Blue Élan will provide a free six-week course discussing the ins and outs of the industry with each lesson hosted by an experienced executive from the label. Designed to go over the fundamentals of what every music industry career professional needs to know. Whether you aspire to be an artist, manager, or executive, this free 6-week webinar series will give you the tools needed for a head start. Courses begin September 16, 2020.
Meet your instructors:
- Kim Umanoff – General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer, Cornell University and USC Gould School of Law
- Connor Pasich – President, Rice University
- Mary Jurey – Chief Business Officer, Former Columbia Records, New West Records, Triple 8 Management, Duke University
- Niels Schroeter – Marketing and Artist Development Advisor, University of California Los Angeles
- Theresa Lopez – Director of Marketing, Former Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Cal State Northridge
- Melissa Dragich-Cordero – Owner of MAD Ink PR, Blue Élan Records Partner, Former Epic Records, Def American, Relativity, Cal State University, Long Beach
- Eddie Eastabrooks – Chief Product Officer, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- D’andree Galipeau – Visual Content Manager, Academy of Art University
Each week will focus on a topic specific to the music Industry.
- Week 1: Overview of the Music Business
- Week 2: How to be a Successful Artist (Tips and the Importance of Visual Strategy)
- Week 3: Artist Development + Touring
- Week 4: Digital Marketing + PR
- Week 5: Sales + Distribution
- Week 6: Music Publishing, Songwriting, and Sync Licensing