Jesse Dayton – The Revealer LP
- Daddy Was a Badass (3:58)
- Holy Ghost Rock N Roller (3:13)
- The Way We Are (2:53)
- Eatin’ Crow & Drinkin’ Sand (4:42)
- Rossum Ran Over My Grave (3:02)
- Take Out the Trash (3:00)
- Mrs. Victoria (Beautiful Thing) (3:33)
- Pecker Goat (3:11)
- Match Made in Heaven (3:13)
- I’m at Home Getting Hammered (While She’s Out Gettin’ Nailed) (2:13)
- Never Started Livin’ (4:06)
- Big State Motel (4:17)
Available for the first time on vinyl, Jesse Dayton’s 9th studio album, The Revealer, is a barn burner gumbo of country, blues and punk, all mixed together into what would now be called Americana. Produced by John Evans and engineered by Steve Christiansen at the legendary Sugar Hill Studios in Houston. It was quite a homecoming for Dayton, returning to the Houston studio where he did his first recording session there at 18 years old, playing on a session for hit producer Huey P. Meaux
with a zydeco band.
Dayton, along with Evans and Christiansen, recorded the majority of the record live. “You could feel the ghost of George Jones, Freddy Fender, Doug Sahm & Jerry Lee Lewis (who recorded there with producer Huey Meaux), in the room while we were working!” Dayton says, “I wanted to get great live root-sy sounds, like the records I loved growing up, but with a real Texas songwriter, story-telling, approach to the lyrics.” With The Revealer, Dayton has certainly gone back to those roots.